Friday 17 December 2010

I am not cheap,Just broke


Valentines came, and I wanted to buy chocolate...not that I had any 'special one' in mind, but its just what men do on valentines... unless you are in Japan where the women buy the gifts on valentines then later on another day just like valentines but in March,the guys now buy chocolate for the girls and which is all too confusing for a young African man.But I remembered I never did like chocolate.Not that I have anything against it,I just never understood this universal craze for chocolate..its not bad ,but c'mon its not all that.

So I instead thought of getting flowers, but then I didn't because I don't understand the logic in killing living things as portrayal of love.The only remaining option It seemed was to purchase jewellery...I confidently walked to the necklace display corner my eyes taking in the shiny,beautiful, assortment of necklaces laid out.

As my eyes strayed to the price tags,my knees went weak and I screamed waking up my room-mate who mumbled something about nightmares as he turned over in his bed and went back to sleep.I guess valentines does cause sleepless nights for men.

No comments:

Post a Comment